Save Our Cemeteries
Scroll down for option details.
Mardi Gras bead trees, beads caught dangling from overhead power lines and wrapped around cast iron fence posts. Each year we're in awe how quickly St Charles Avenue, New Orleans traditional Uptown parade route, is swept clean of the annual world-class party.
I walk with my dog almost everyday on St. Charles Avenue to get my day off to a good start...brain and brawn.
Like finding a lucky heads up penny, I began picking up Mardi Gras throw remnants long past the winter months of Carnival. Eye of a crow...or a magpie!
Every day once back home, I'd play with all the trinkets I had found that morning and eventually a story would unfold. Because my canvas was my kitchen counter, the permanance of each Magpie Collage was only hours long. With my iPhone, I shot photos of each day's Magpie and then swept clear my countertop with the bling-tastic collages preserved in photos.
A true New Oreans orignal series, my Magpie Collage prints are reflection of what New Orleans holds hard and dear: Mardi Gras and St. Charles Avenue; tradition and revelry, and everyday, a little bit of each or all are an essential part of our days in the Crescent City.
The treasures shown in this collage were found on June 20, 2017 on St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans. Personally picked, designed, photographed and signed by me!
Signed: Found 6-20-17 | St. Charles Ave, NOLA | Save Our Cemeteries | Katy Beh
Your print will be absent KATY BEH watermark. Printed to order. Free 7-10 day delivery.
- Includes 12" x 12" print detailed below in black wood frame.
- Overall frame size: 13"x 13".
- Frame is 1'' wide and 0.75'' thick moulding.
- Includes 3 hangers and real glass.
- 12" x 12" prints with 1" border
- Image size 10" x 10"
- Printed by NPS on Lustre archival paper.
- Look super in either square or rectangular frames.
- Images are outlined with a thin medium gray border so no mat is necessary in a 12" x 12" frame